I’m a software engineer based in Houston, TX. I earned a Ph.D. from Columbia University studying self-assembly in soft matter systems. In particular, I wrote, ran, and analyzed simulations of such systems; you can see a couple of examples of such simulations on GitHub.
FranchiCzar OS is a customer relationship management (CRM) application focused on franchise businesses such as subsidiary Code Ninjas. Brands such as Code Ninjas use the application to manage the process for selling franchises to prospective owners and by franchisees the manage the sales process of bringing customers into their businesses.
I am the lead developer on the FranchiCzar OS project, responsible for all development and operations on the system, from requirement gathering through production support.
Gene by Gene is a genetic testing company that offers a wide range of tests for genealogical and medical purposes. It is the parent company of Family Tree DNA.
At Gene by Gene, I was the lead engineer for GenomX, an interactive web application that enables clinicians to enter medical information such as genetic sequencing data and generate rich, informative reports which can be delivered to patients. GenomX is a an Angular/ASP.NET Core application using a microservice architecture, deployed using Docker containers. It is designed to be deployable both to the cloud in a multitenant architecture or on-premise at the client site.
Durwella is a software solutions company that focuses on scientific and engineering projects. We bring to bear deep technical expertise and extensive domain knowledge to develop a wide variety of applications.
See my Projects page for some examples of my work with Durwella.
RigMinder provides fully automated and wireless data management and capture technologies for the oil field delivered in real time.
As Lead Software Engineer with RigMinder, I managed the day-to-day operations and priorities of our sotware development team. In addition, I actively developed solutions to a wide range of problems using various technologies, including:
- Data management and analysis (Python, Go)
- Client software (C#)
- PIC microcontroller firmware (C)
- Database management (PostgreSQL)
Reasoning Mind is a non-profit organization with the mission of providing a first-rate math education for every child. To achieve this, the organization develops blended learning mathematics programs for elementary and middle school and works with schools to implement these programs in classrooms.
- Applied existing algorithms and developed new techniques for the application of educational data mining to the Reasoning Mind system for the purpose of tracing student knowledge and diagnosing areas in which remediation was needed
- Developed sensor-free detectors of student affective states and behavior using machine learning techniques on student log data
- Analyzed student log data from a pilot implementation of a new curriculum to inform revision of the existing product as well as future development of new offerings